Translate

sábado, 5 de enero de 2019

Entrevista a Gene Crazed - Enero 2019




1 Hi Gene, why crazed? Is Gene your real name?
1 I decided to call myself Gene Crazed because it reflects both my original name and the madness handed down by my family but especially by my father who was more crazy than me in the 50's (but that's another story ...)

2 Where are you from?
2 I come from a shitty city in southern Italy (Foggia). In fact, I'm the only rockabilly singer in my region, if anyone has tried there remains a half saw ....

3 You are a very talented artist. Since when do you write songs ?, what is your first composition?
3 I write since 1986, I recorded almost 2000 songs with any support. My first written and recorded song is called Funeral and was recorded in my bedroom in 1986 ... after a deep oral sex by a sweet teenager ...

4 How did you learn to play guitar and write songs ? at what age did you start?
4 I started playing guitar at 13/14 years because I loved punk and rockabilly but mostly because it made me cool with girls









5 Do you play other instruments besides the guitar?
5 Yes, bass, double bass and drums

6 What are your influences?
6 I have always been strongly influenced by trash musicians, raw rockabilly of the 50s from punk 77 and psychobilly 80s

7 You have recorded many things, can you list them? Are you going to record something new soon?
7 As already mentioned I recorded almost 2000 songs in any condition possible, I released 5 albums for Nervous Records UK and I'm about to record the sixth album that will be released in February ... stay tuned!

8 What is the musical work you are most proud of? Why?
8 A little 'all ... from the first demo to the last 7 "released in Japan



9 Do you dedicate yourself completely to music or do you have another dedication?
9 I've been a full-time musician for the past 11 years as a vagabond, I've been working in a motor industry for a year now


10 How do you define yourself?
10 I define myself as the king of outsider  hardcore rockabilly psychotic


11 Which time groups stand out for you ?, and the record labels?
11 Of no-one groups, I do not like the new rockabilly and psychobilly scene. I only buy records from the 50s to the early 90s. I value the labels that have the courage to publish my records like the Nervous and Dirty Trash Fuckin 'Show Records from Japan. The rest of the Italian labels do not deserve my attention.

12 In which sites did you play? What was the best concert? and the worst?
12 I've played all over Europe ... from the worst to the best clubs

13 In which sites would you like to play? with whom does he live or die?
13 Nowhere in particular, especially where they pay me well and there are women and alcohol ...

Thank you very much for accepting a SdP interview, you can add whatever you want.
Stay Wild and Rockin '
Gazed Crazed



2 comentarios:

  1. Met Gene in the early 90's at a hot Fuzztones gig. He was a pioneer of psychobilly, at the time there was a revival of 50's and 60's music. The scene was hot... and Gene was in! After all these years he still kicks-ass as hell!!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Gene is pure rockin'!!! totally agree with your words! many thanks!!

      Eliminar