Translate

domingo, 22 de diciembre de 2019

Interview with Randy from Diabolic Events by Edgar Valencia & Hektor Plasma


1. What was going through your mind the first moments you heard Psychobilly and what caught your attention about it?

I thought it sounded badass! I listened to The Meteors & Batmobile! I really didn’t know there was a local psychobilly scene


2. What motivated you to throw your own shows? What did you find the most difficult about them?

Ink n iron 2014 gave me influence to throw shows it was such a badass lineup My first show was a backyard & I wanted people my age or younger to show up mostly because all the good shows were 21+ Most difficult part was to make sure the event was well promoted & making sure people showed up as well as finding venues


3. Why “Diabolic Events”? Anyone helping you out?

Before Diabolic Events it was Eskabronados but I wanted a more of professional name. Thanks Edgar from (The Autopsies & Lost Boys) for making my First logo I have a few buddies In which we all help each other out like Checko, Uptown Psychos & Slapaholic


4. What were some of the first Bands to work with you?

The Grims The Dead Ricardos Radarmen The Autopsies were the first psychobilly bands I booked


5. What do you think is unique about Southern California Psychobilly compared to the rest of the world?

That it was small but everyone goes to shows for one main reason to have a good time


6. Have you worked shows out of the state? work with other local promoters?

Not yet but I’m promoting a show for Degenerated & Retarded Rats December 8 in Las Vegas I’ve worked with ska promoters to Von Badsville Checko presents Uptown Psychos & Slapaholic


7. What are some of the bands you wish you could work with in the future?

I’ve always wanted to work with Damage Done By Worms Celtix The Frogs The Rusty Robots Gorilla


8. What are some of the most memorable bands you have hosted?

For sure The Grims Radarmen The Autopsies The Dead Ricardos The Radios The Spastiks Bad Luck Gamblers Degenerated Retarded Rats Devil Wrays & all the bands in Los Angeles that have played a small show


9. What do you think the future holds for Psychobilly?

The Future is The Kids that show up to All Ages Psychobilly shows And the newer bands coming up like The Deranged & Lost Boys In my opinion it’s a very underground genre in Los Angeles but I hope it stays constant.


10. You think Southern California is able to host a “Psychobilly Meeting” type event?
Anything is possible it may never be hard to try may be expensive but it’ll be worth seeing a lot of people having a good time.

I’m Randy Padron & I’m 22 years old.

I’ve been doing shows since March 2015


Corrections:

Answer for Question 5

It is everywhere in a sense. Some people find out about psychobilly in LA, either by friends, going to a show & finding a band they like. But Los Angeles is unique to me because there’s a lot of newer bands & bands who are coming back. As of newer bands Lost Boys & Deranged. Both have great sounds. Bands who have came back or planning to would be , Uptown Psychos, Zombillyz, Los Difuntos, The Riff Raffs, Uhh Random Bunch.

Answer to question 6

I haven’t had the chance to work with promoters in other states but I’d love to, so hopefully soon


Wednesday 18th of June:

Quick question the interview will be released today?

Randy Padron Diabolic
Diabolic Events





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario